PART 1 : HOW I STARTED MY BLOG?

Choosing A Blogging Software

This is my first post in Make Money Blogging site. Actually, I started this first activity last July 7, 2009 where I'm very busy about looking for the attractive template that I will going to use to set-up my blog in this Make Money Blogging site. I already engaged in blogging recently but I did not enjoy a lot. The blogging software that I joined was sucked because aside from diffuculty in customizing it, I have no means of monetizing it because they did not allow ads on that site. I will not elaborate more about that site, for sure you know what site I'm pertaining to if you are an active blogger.

Thanks to Blogger.com aside from its a free blogging software, it allows ad. There are many blogging software I researched recently but this is the one I think suitable for me. In the first place, I don't want to spend a lot of money just to joined in Make Money Blogging. In choosing a blogging software, you have to consider these guide questions:
  • Am I going to monetize my blog or have some fun on blogging only?
  • Is blogging software easy to use? Do I need some extra technical skills to customize it?
  • Will I spend money for this software? Do I have a budget?
  • Is the software enough to accommodate all the contents of my blogs ( i.e media, audio, pictures etc.)?
  • Is the software allows multiple authors?
  • What are the contents that this software allows? Do they have rules?

Here are the following blogging software for the bloggers who want to set-up their blogs:
  • Wordpress.org - offers free blogging software, but you have to pay to host their blogs using a third party website like Gatorhost or 1 and 1. If you have technical skills and you need advanced customization, Wordpress.org is a great choice.
  • Blogger.com - this is my personal choice for blogging software, aside from its free it also allows to monetize your blogs. This is very advisable especially for those beginners like me. I have one article I read that the downside of this blogging software is prone to outages so you may not able to access your blog when you want to.
  • TypePad - this is very easy to use compared to other blogging software. You don't have to pay for hosting but you have to pay when you set-up your blog there. TypePad have 4 options of free trial when you want set-up a blog:
1. Basic - which cost for about $4.95 /month.
2. Plus - which cost for about $ 8.95 / month.
3. Pro - which cost for about $ 14.95/month.
4. Business Class - which cost for about $ 89.95/month.
  • Movable Type - this is also called a Six Part. But it requires the users to obtain a pricey license. You will need to install the software and the features is not as good as what other blogging software have. But there are many users of this blogging software because it supports multiple blogs and you will not need to install the software again and again.
  • Live Journal - requires you to pay a monthly fee. The features is limited as well as its customization.

These are the blogging software I know for you to start a blog like me. Just follow the guide questions above and you will not be mislead.

This is my first part of activity I made in this Make Money Blogging stuff of mine during my restday on my full time work. Please catch me on my succeeding activities on my Make Money Blogging site.

Cheers to all!

2 comments
  1. Donny Salazar July 11, 2009 at 11:42 PM  

    If you have any questions, please feel free to use this comment portion.

    Thank you for reading!

  2. Anonymous July 27, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

    Hey Donny,
    Thanks for the info on blogging. I'm thinking about starting a blog, but not sure what kind of content to include and how to do the whole process. It sounds like I can shorten my learning curve by reading your blog.
    Thanks,
    Nate

SHARE THIS:

TWITTER UPDATE: