This is still the continuation of Setting Up My Blog in my first post of this Make Money Blogging. Now, since I've already chosen my blogging software, the second step I did was to found a good niche that will appropriate in the concept of this site. Talking about niche, I would like to define it first since I assumed that my readers are beginners and experts.

What is niche? How will you find it?

This is the topic that you are passionate about. If you read my short profile, I mentioned it there already. Because you cannot continue this activity without knowing what to focus on. If you are technology lover it better to write more about "electronic gadgets" or "computers" than writing about "pets" or "animals". I hope everyone is getting the point here.

Niche is very important to me before I create this blog. I see to it that I have an aptitude, knowledge and skills for that. Besides, you should also consider if you can sucessfully operate it. One basis of selecting my own niche here is also by consulting my very own Google Trends . I consider this tool because this is the one would tell me if my niche will be driving more traffic to my site. From the trends below, it shows that there are many people looking for "Make Money Blogging" keyword since 2007 up to the present. The trends seems good for me start with my niche I've selected. ( Click image below to enlarge)



Looking a little bit deeper with this trend, the lower portion will tell you what regions and cities who are majority looking for such keyword. Just like my case, Philippines is the number 1 searchers for the keyword "Make Money Blogging". In my opinion, I think this is the best one and advantage for me to drive more traffic to my site because I'm just living in that region. This was followed by Malaysia, Singapore, United States and South Africa. ( Click image below to enlarge)


Important thing I did is also making a list first before I finally come up with the niche " Make Money Blogging" . List it in rank according to your abilities, knowledge and special skills and considering the one that I've mentioned above. For me, it takes time before I finally come up with my niche "Make Money Blogging". Building a better site takes a longer than unsuccessful one.

I hope you've learned something today in my Make Money Blogging blogs. Catch me again in my next post about my detail steps in creating my blog in My Make Money Blogging Concepts.

Happy Good Day!

0 comments

SHARE THIS:

TWITTER UPDATE: